There was a time when I would just grab anything off the shelf and use it. That time is gone.
Now it’s all about reading labels and buying organic, when possible And if I can’t find something with 5 ingredients or less, I try to make my own.
And that’s how this started.
It’s super easy and you will be asking yourself why you didn’t do it sooner.
- 1 part Organic Beeswax (I like the pellets because they melt much faster)
- 1 part Organic Coconut Oil
- Add ingredients to saucepan and turn heat on medium
- Melt ingredients together and mix using a whisk
- Pour melted mixture into desired molds
- Let sit until firm (about 2 hours)
- Remove from molds and use right away (store remaining in air-tight container)
How easy is that?
I didn’t want to buy tin molds, so I used a cupcake pan with liners (though the liners get soaked through, but the crinkles will stay).
I use this on my hands, face and elbows. It’s so smooth and soaks in nicely.
My main tip is to keep it away from your dogs. Because they will LOVE to eat it and while it’s perfectly fine for them, it’s less moisturizer for you!